Dansa de cambra
is a piece that acclaims a dance and choreography without artífice, to the point in which the only stage decoration is the dancers themselves. After an intense workshop period in which the choreographic repertoire was carefully revised the idea arose to create a stage pìece for the four dancers taking part in the workshop: Rafa Arnal, Ramón Vera and the dancers and choreographers of Taiat, Inma García and Meritxell Barberá. Both choreographers keenly felt the impulse from the start to re-visit all of their choreographic work to date. In fact all the pieces Taiat have produced have sprung from a strong impulse of some sort. There was always something that sparked their imaginations be it a small gesture, a period in their lives, love, an image, a movement, the way people dance at night, how they walk, the idea of emerging movement, instinct, the animal side. The desire to express that state required that it be translated into choreographic and dance material. Dansa de cambra
is a choreographic exploration of a carefully selected number of scenes, In a work that was a type of rescue of movements and moods from the past, the repertoire never replicated the exact movements or moods but instead incorporated them as the origins of new movement.
- Direction and choreography: Meritxell Barberá and Inma García.
- Dancers: Rafa Arnal, Ramón Vera, Inma García and Meritxell Barberá.
- Original musical creation: Caldo.
- Lighting Design: Yahvé Ramos.
- Wardrobe: Taiat Dansa.
- Management and Production: Maríaje Mercader.
- Photography: José Luis Abad.
- Video: Nacho Blanco, Juan Bernardo Pineda, Inma García and Meritxell Barberá.
- Press and Communication: Inventa.
- A co-production of: Teatres Generalitat Valenciana, Ajuntament de València, INAEM.